Article provided by: FORM Massage Therapy and Integrative Health
At FORM Massage Therapy & Integrative Health, we offer Rochester massage therapy to help patients relieve everyday stress. Before starting massage therapy with us, our therapist will assess you and create a treatment plan based on your medical needs. Available massage service at FORM Massage Therapy & Integrative Health includes:
- Medical Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Massage Cupping
- Ear Candling
Benefits of Our Massage Therapy
Massage therapy can benefit your health both physically and mentally. It’s also an effective treatment for many health conditions. Massage therapy received regularly can:
Enhance emotional well-being:
- Improve mood
- Increase vitality and energy
- Reduce stress and tension
- Enhance comfort and sense of well-being
- Reduce depression, anxiety, and anger
Alleviate physical conditions:
- Ease muscle and joint pain
- Prevent injury and illness
- Relax tight, and overused muscles
- Reduce muscle cramping and spasms
- Relieve migraine pain and headache
- Improve joint flexibility and range of motion
- Relieve and prevent work and sports-related injuries
- Improve sleep
- Enhance blood circulation
- Enhances flexibility and mobility
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Support the body’s immune system
- Strengthen connective joints, tissue, and muscles
Trained massage therapists are available at FORM Massage Therapy & Integrative Health to help you.
What To Expect During Our Massage Therapy
- At FORM Massage Therapy & Integrative Health, our Rochester massage therapist will ask you to remove your cloth while they leave the room and lie down under a sheet on a massage table.
- Our therapist will knock before entering the room to ensure you are ready. The therapist will help you adjust the bolsters and pillow to ensure your comfort before beginning the massage.
- To start your massage, our therapist will apply a light lotion on your skin. A body massage begins from the back and down to the legs. You will need to change over, and the body massage will continue on your legs, neck, and arms.
- You are underneath a sheet throughout the process; only the treated body part is uncovered.
- Our therapist will leave the massage room while you get dressed once the massage session is complete.
While we believe that massage should not hurt, you might experience mild aching during the massage session when a therapist applies pressure over the areas of tension. During your massage session, we advise you to call our therapist’s attention if the pressure is too much for you. Occasionally, some people may experience temporary aching for a day after the session, but most people feel relaxed and calm after a massage.
Schedule An Appointment With Us
Not sure of the type of massage therapy that’s best for you? Our team will be delighted to help you choose the best massage therapy that suits your needs. To accommodate your busy routine, we offer same-day appointments.
However, we ask that you fix an appointment with us in advance to ensure that we can accommodate your preferred time. Contact us today at (585) 752-3644 to schedule an appointment with our trained massage therapist.